Friday, March 8, 2013

Mitel 3300 command line intro.

You may have used the "Maintenance Commands" tool form the Mitel web interface. You can also telnet to the system and use some of the same commands. This is good for me because it works on a Mac which I use most of the time. I have always been irritated that the GUI requires IE.

telnet 10.1.2.3
system / xxxxxx  (Hint: This is not the same system password as the GUI)

There is a numbered menu bar at the bottom of the screen. To use these functions, type Esc and the number.

Here are my favorite commands.

stat trunk group 1 (This shows how many lines are busy)
cong (Traffic congestion report)
traffic status (I have not figured out how to use this feature yet but I want it)
loc num xxx (Identify extension number)
loc feat ext xxx (Shows if an extension is forwarded or if message light is on)

I will explore this CLI more later on.

No comments: